RainSpace Underground Water Storage Tanks
- Store rainwater to protect against drought and water usage restrictions, become water independent, for fire protection or to avoid shortages from low flow wells. Stored water is used for irrigation, fire protection and potable uses and grey water systems.
- Water stored underground is higher quality water. It is cleaner than water stored in above ground tanks subject to contamination from temperature fluctuations and environmental exposure.
- RainSpace is the lowest total cost water storage method. Plastic or fiberglass tanks or concrete cisterns are expensive, cumbersome, heavy, difficult to handle and expensive to install. Plastic and fiberglass tanks also require expensive concrete ballast systems or must remain partially full to avoid rising out of the ground.
Any Capacity – Water When You Need It
- RainSpace rainwater harvesting tanks can hold any quantity of water. The capacity is limited only by the space and depth available on the site, consistent with your property’s ability to collect and use rainwater.
- The RainSpace water storage can take virtually any shape—long and narrow, square or curved. Fits in places where expensive tanks or cisterns will not work – narrow sites, around landscape or trees, under driveways or roadways or on slopes.
Strong and Earthquake Proof
- The installed chamber is very strong and with appropriate top cover design the chamber can be used beneath driveways and parking areas with cars and trucks.
- There are no vertical load bearing components to get misaligned and collapse from earthquakes, soil subsidence or traffic vibration. All loads are spread throughout the horizontal masses of Structural Core Tube Bundles. The Tanks flex and bend with earth movement and water is held within the Structural Core Tube Bundles to prevent the heavy mass of water from moving and sloshing and hammering the sides during an earthquake. Water storage tank liners stretch and re-conform to any soil subsidence while the Tank retains its surface load bearing capability.
- RainSpace Underground Water Storage Tank is a modular system made of lightweight components that are easily handled and quickly installed on the site without cranes or large equipment. Installation is easy – either do-it-yourself or quickly done by an excavation or landscape contractor. Detailed site-specific instructions are provided.
- RainSpace Rainwater Harvesting Water Storage Tanks are specifically designed and delivered to your site as a complete package ready to be installed in your excavation. The Patented Structural Core Tube Bundles and the heavy duty impermeable water containment liner and sealer are delivered with detailed installation guidelines for your site.
- We work with you from your initial inquiry through the design process and your installation to ensure that your rainwater harvesting goals are met.
- We make it simple and easy and inexpensive for you to have useful water stored at your home.
Browse our residential projects to see some of the rainwater harvesting and water storage installations our customers have done at their homes.
Superior in Every Value Engineering Comparison
Smallest Footprint – Fastest Installation – Least Labor – Lowest Cost